GitHub also holds the latest development version of mtCellEdit.
The development version is not as well tested as the stable release, but it may have bugfixes and other changes that people may find useful.
Version 3.3 of mtCellEdit will have many changes compared to version 3.2 so in order to use this new version always uninstall the old version completely.
Changes so far:
- Databases now get locked when in use.
- Refactored & debugged after analysis and testing.
- BUGFIX - mtkit_set_filename_extension() finds last . after last /
- Merged into libmtPixy.
- BusyDialog added.
- cmp, fade added.
- Menu bar & BusyDialog replace the previous UI elements.
- Man pages and Handbook HTML files are now created during the build and are not pre-prepared.
- Empty directories removed so packages can be built using a git repo.
- AppImage builds now include mtPixy & mtRaft & all handbooks.
- Empty directories removed so packages can be tested using a git repo.
- Many manually created PNG image files have been removed in favour of automated creation via SVG files and Inkscape. GUI App icons updated.
- Debian 7, C++03, Qt4, is now the baseline test system. Ubuntu, C++17, Qt5, is now the modern test system.
The following list is the roadmap for major project changes over the coming versions. I don't know the exact timing of final releases as they always happen when the code is stable and complete. The purpose of sharing this information is to help people understand the direction of the project as a whole, and how its constituent parts will change over the next year or two.
To be decided.
Qt 6 or another widget toolkit will be supported by default.
As well as these major changes, I also hope to do the more mundane things like bugfixing, refinements, and other kinds of housekeeping to keep the project as polished as possible.
If you find bugs or have suggestions for improvements please contact me.